Game Crash on any Barter...

General discussion about Resurrection without spoilers. If you have questions about the game not concerning its content, or problems with running the game, this is the place to ask.

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

HorrendusPT
Neutral

Game Crash on any Barter...

Post by HorrendusPT »

After played all mods since fallout 2 came out, fond this one and start to playing it. After Restoration Project this was the only Mod that realy seems to be very interesting and i was enjoying it when started. Unfortunatelly haven´t gone far... The game crashes to desktop every single time i try to barter with any NPC... After making my "purchase" and returning to dialogue with the charater - anyone i try to barter - the game just crashes. This makes impossible to buy/trade anything, wich makes the game just umplayable.

Game bug on any issu related with the english translation patch i´m using (the only one that exist)?

Any ideas how to fix this?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Game Crash on any Barter...

Post by Daemon »

Try change GRAPHICS_MODE in f2_res.ini and Mode in ddraw.ini (files are in Fallout2/Resurrection directory). If you set both to 0, it should help. If not, try update DirectX 9 from this installation - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109

In any case, I recommend you rather wait for our proper translation into EN. Translation from Drobovik is only automatic translation via translator, so texts may not even always make sense.
HorrendusPT
Neutral

Re: Game Crash on any Barter...

Post by HorrendusPT »

Daemon wrote:Try change GRAPHICS_MODE in f2_res.ini and Mode in ddraw.ini (files are in Fallout2/Resurrection directory). If you set both to 0, it should help. If not, try update DirectX 9 from this installation - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109

In any case, I recommend you rather wait for our proper translation into EN. Translation from Drobovik is only automatic translation via translator, so texts may not even always make sense.
Thanks for the reply, Daemon. Changing GRAPHICS_MODE in f2_res.ini to 0 worked. Game no longer crashes on barter.
I know the translation of Drobovik have many errors, but is the only one available right now... Hope for an official Translation as soon as possible.