Some reasons i abandoned my playthrough

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Icymail
Neutral

Some reasons i abandoned my playthrough

Post by Icymail »

Hi guys, first of all, i enjoyed my time playing, but i ran across some issues that disincouraged me to complete the game:

1- Some faction dynamics: In Sedit, i ran across Rodriguez gang first, did some work for them and later i found out that ghouls in little hub won't talk to me because of that (the quests for the Mexicans was unrelated to the local ghouls so i found that a bit off). Same thing in Albuquerque, Tribals are one of the first people you find in that place, i go to a Gecko hunt but later i found out that doing this locks me from working with the local organ traffickers. I liked the faction relations in Corath and Rat Hole, where you can work for opposing factions up to a certain point.

2- Some quests are buggy or too restrictive: For example, killing the ghouls in Sedit without fighting the police is complicated, i need to buy a lot of bombs to implant because 1 is not enough to kill them (traps level too low i guess?), somehow i cannot bribe the police to turn a blind eye, i guess i need to kill the local sheriff for the deputy to do that, but the deputy that wants him death doesn't give me acess to the sheriff estate, so i have to bribe the policemen guarding the compound with drugs, and when i enter, i cant implant the poison (don't know if bug or do i need a really high sneak skill) and he turn hostile no matter what (high speech and intelligence doesn't seem to affect the outcome).

I guess that's it, all of these issues made me lose interest in finishing the game, but i still played a lot from this mod, thanks for reading.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Some reasons i abandoned my playthrough

Post by Daemon »

Hi, thank you for the feedback.

1 - Before accepting a first quest that would make you lose other quest line characters warn you about that possibility saying that there're others that may not like you for working for them.

2 - You can kill the ghouls and run away without killing anyone else, you can then return to Sedit after some time. But if you want the police to turn a blind eye then yes, you need to complete the deputy's quests that ends with killing the sheriff. There are three ways to complete the quest "Slip the hip flask with the poison to sheriff Carpenter": Slip the flask to the sheriff yourself (high sneak and steal skill needed) or bribe the guard at the villa's gate so he does it (lot of caps needed) or talk the cook into doing it herself (high speech skill needed).
Icymail
Neutral

Re: Some reasons i abandoned my playthrough

Post by Icymail »

Daemon wrote:Hi, thank you for the feedback.

"Slip the hip flask with the poison to sheriff Carpenter": Slip the flask to the sheriff yourself (high sneak and steal skill needed) or bribe the guard at the villa's gate so he does it (lot of caps needed) or talk the cook into doing it herself (high speech skill needed).
Um, these options didn't appear in my playthrough for some reason, does these dialogue options (bribe the guard or convince the cook) only appears if i have certain stats? That wasn't the case with the Super Mutant in Corath, where i can attempt to convince the doctor to drug the Mutant (i sucedded by taking Mentats).

As for the fact that some characters warned that i would lost some quest lines, maybe my Perception was not high enough lol.