Finished it at level 17 - My small criticism

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

eLPuSHeR
Accepted

Finished it at level 17 - My small criticism

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Hello.

First I want to congratulate the small Resurrection team for making this awesome "mod". It must has been lots and lots of hard work.

I finished the game yesterday on my third or fourth playthrough, playing as a small arms character.

Here is a small list of several issues I have found throughout the game. These are neither big issues or game breaking issues but it could be used to tweak Resurrection even more.

+ Some crashes here and there with the infamous "the memory location at blah blah cannot be writen". They seem totally random so maybe due to the aging Fallout2 engine.
+ Somebody already reported that quest list text doesn't fit the Pipboy screen. Happened to me for Albuquerque. To get a feeling from the original I played it at 640x480.
+ Some cool weapons removed from original F2. Most of the new weapons are just meh.
+ Some cool weapons only appear at the last section of the game.
+ As with original F2, ammo types seem to be completely broken. I know latest Restoration Project has a fix for this.
+ I finished it at level 17, being unable to (ab)use my beloved sniper perk. :mrgreen:
+ Animations appear weird to me at least when speed is concerned. The same applies to sound effects that tend to overlap, that is, another sound playing (or not) before current animation is finished.
+ Some combats/encounters are pretty nasty and I died a lot more than in F2. :mrgreen:
+ [Spoiler]. Resurrection Base, albeit being a research facility, has got too much military stuff. Too many Power Armors everywhere. Too many weapons.
+ [Spoiler]. I don't know if there is a way to convince the Savior to kill himself or something, but even with high speech I only could finished the end part by going guns blazing.
+ NPCs are interesting, but they may need some tweak here and there.
+ [already posted at forum]. Caravan Leaders and guards are pretty stupid and got their asses kicked quite easily. You also cannot trade with caravans.
+ Some loot randomization would be welcome. I got tired of find the same stuff at the same locations, which leads to...
+ One or two hidden areas would be nice and with some rewards to exploration. I enjoyed PROGEMA facility a lot. It was very well done.

I am sure I miss a lot of things, but it's now up to you, forum users, to add your own opinions.

A BIG THANK YOU TO RESURRECTION DEVELOPERS. That's Fallout at its best. Do you see that Bethesda?... :mrgreen:
NovaRain
Liked

Re: Finished it at level 17 - My small criticism

Post by NovaRain »

eLPuSHeR wrote:+ [Spoiler]. I don't know if there is a way to convince the Savior to kill himself or something, but even with high speech I only could finished the end part by going guns blazing.
[Spolier]You can convince him to set the self destruction (silent countdown).
Hefarius
Accepted

Re: Finished it at level 17 - My small criticism

Post by Hefarius »

eLPuSHeR wrote:Hello.

First I want to congratulate the small Resurrection team for making this awesome "mod". It must has been lots and lots of hard work.

I finished the game yesterday on my third or fourth playthrough, playing as a small arms character.

Here is a small list of several issues I have found throughout the game. These are neither big issues or game breaking issues but it could be used to tweak Resurrection even more.

+ Some crashes here and there with the infamous "the memory location at blah blah cannot be writen". They seem totally random so maybe due to the aging Fallout2 engine.
+ Somebody already reported that quest list text doesn't fit the Pipboy screen. Happened to me for Albuquerque. To get a feeling from the original I played it at 640x480.
+ Some cool weapons removed from original F2. Most of the new weapons are just meh.
+ Some cool weapons only appear at the last section of the game.
+ As with original F2, ammo types seem to be completely broken. I know latest Restoration Project has a fix for this.
+ I finished it at level 17, being unable to (ab)use my beloved sniper perk. :mrgreen:
+ Animations appear weird to me at least when speed is concerned. The same applies to sound effects that tend to overlap, that is, another sound playing (or not) before current animation is finished.
+ Some combats/encounters are pretty nasty and I died a lot more than in F2. :mrgreen:
+ [Spoiler]. Resurrection Base, albeit being a research facility, has got too much military stuff. Too many Power Armors everywhere. Too many weapons.
+ [Spoiler]. I don't know if there is a way to convince the Savior to kill himself or something, but even with high speech I only could finished the end part by going guns blazing.
+ NPCs are interesting, but they may need some tweak here and there.
+ [already posted at forum]. Caravan Leaders and guards are pretty stupid and got their asses kicked quite easily. You also cannot trade with caravans.
+ Some loot randomization would be welcome. I got tired of find the same stuff at the same locations, which leads to...
+ One or two hidden areas would be nice and with some rewards to exploration. I enjoyed PROGEMA facility a lot. It was very well done.

I am sure I miss a lot of things, but it's now up to you, forum users, to add your own opinions.

A BIG THANK YOU TO RESURRECTION DEVELOPERS. That's Fallout at its best. Do you see that Bethesda?... :mrgreen:
I miss needler too, but which cool ones are missing besides Gauss ones? You gain rifle in Rebirth base (with about 20 ammo), but getting it earlier (or pistol) would be OP.

New ones are meh? Modded combat shotgun, tavor or pistol sniper rifle? Meh? Nope.

First ghoul encounters are hard,but I belive you are suppoused to run from them.

NPC not satisfying? Try F4. As for companions, their background and interactions are fine. Gabriel could be less asshole, because normal players tend to have positive karma...

Caravan leaders are quite dumb, but most of time they endure, besides caravan can continue without them.