Bug?: Killing Rodriguez doesn't make Ghouls not hate you

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Tehpwner7067
Neutral

Bug?: Killing Rodriguez doesn't make Ghouls not hate you

Post by Tehpwner7067 »

So, I was working for Rodriguez to the point where he asks you to kill the Ghouls at Falcon's Flight, at which point I declined and killed him because it was the first mission from him I considered wrong morally.
I know that working for Rodriguez past the drunk in the bar makes the ghouls hate you and refuse to talk to you. I'd say this makes sense, but I don't understand how wiping him and his organization out wouldn't make up for that.
This happened in update 1.4, not 1.5 (which I just downloaded today), so I don't know for certain if this is a bug or if it was fixed, but I read the patch notes and it isn't mentioned. I think that making it so that killing him would reset their hatred toward you would be a good addition to the game even if it isn't a bug, so I thought that mentioning it here as feedback would be a good idea.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Bug?: Killing Rodriguez doesn't make Ghouls not hate you

Post by Daemon »

Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it.

I gave it some thought and I don't think it's worth to make this addition. My reasoning:

From story standpoint - I don't think they should start liking some Rodriguez's man (that's practically what you're in that moment) just because he killed Rodriguez. That doesn't make suddenly looking that person friendly. They didn't ask him to do that, they don't know what exactly happened. As far as they can know, reason could have been argument over payment for some job or something like that.

From gameplay standpoint - It would create optimal route in Falcon's Flight/Rodriguez quest lines. You could complete most of the quests for both sides, maximize your XP and caps that way. Sticking to just one side would become inferior choice.
Tehpwner7067
Neutral

Re: Bug?: Killing Rodriguez doesn't make Ghouls not hate you

Post by Tehpwner7067 »

I actually agree with you, that makes sense now that I think about it. While I was doing so because none of the missions were all that morally wrong up to the one for killing the ghouls, and my character was being a good guy, I understand why avoiding making an overly optimal route is a good plan.
I was also attempting to get Idolized reputation in Sedit, which seems to be locked off if you cant help the ghouls in Falcon's Flight with their stuff (eg. by working for Rodriguez before finding Falcon's Flight). I don't know what you could do to change that, but it should be something to keep in mind for the future, even if it isn't necessarily "fixed."