Can't enter Imperial City (Bug?)

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Yossi
Neutral

Can't enter Imperial City (Bug?)

Post by Yossi »

I have arrived at Albuquerque Hunters' Territory, but there is no guard at the gate to the Imperial City, and the same in the Dead Quarter, so there is no chance for me to get into the Imperial city.

Hunters' Territory gate:

Dead Quarter gate:

Save game:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxF3ob ... sp=sharing
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Can't enter Imperial City (Bug?)

Post by Daemon »

Here's fixed save - http://www.filedropper.com/slot68 - guards are in their places.

I have found out what the problem is, but I have no idea how could that happen. Have you done some changes to Resurrection or installed something into it? Did you edit ddraw.ini?
Yossi
Neutral

Post by Yossi »

Thanks for the fix, and for the game!

I don't think I changed ddraw.ini. I did change f2_res.ini to

Code: Select all

IGNORE_PLAYER_SCROLL_LIMITS=1
NumPathNodes=10
Could that cause the problem?

Edit: I also used f12se to move some SPECIAL points around, but did not touch anything in the other tabs.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

I have tried it and found out that NumPathNodes is responsible. In the case of imperial guards, NumPathNodes=4 does work for me without a problem. And it still seems to be large enough range to be able run from one corner of the map to opposite one. When I set it to NumPathNodes=5 or larger, the bug occurs. So I recommend set it to 4.

Thanks for clearing that up.