Is there any general issue theme with a list of bug known?

What do you think about the game? Share your experiences. You can ask other players for advice about quests, or report bugs here as well. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Moderators: Ratman, Seto, Saruman, feťák8, valcik, NovaRain

Daemon
Resurrection team member

Re: Is there any general issue theme with a list of bug know

Post by Daemon »

Thank you for more info and for praise.

I think I found the problem. I guess you took Keri back to the party, right? She might have started combat with you (because you were enemy for Sedit people), when dialog with Rodriguez was supposed to started. I'll fix this for the next version. She should reflect that you're enemy of Sedit right when she's waiting.
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

What's the status of the bug that i reported? Did anyone checked it?
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Cylancer wrote:What's the status of the bug that i reported? Did anyone checked it?
Not yet, but the problem seems clear in that case - the game propably doesn't set ending of that cut scene when you end it with combat and that leads to all of those problems. Thanks for reporting it.
Do you need some fix for your save? I assumed that you loaded before that scene since going into combat with policemen means making yourself enemy of whole Corath.
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

Daemon wrote:
Cylancer wrote:What's the status of the bug that i reported? Did anyone checked it?
Not yet, but the problem seems clear in that case - the game propably doesn't set ending of that cut scene when you end it with combat and that leads to all of those problems. Thanks for reporting it.
Do you need some fix for your save? I assumed that you loaded before that scene since going into combat with policemen means making yourself enemy of whole Corath.
I'd really like the fix. I have few saves before that, but i choose that path. And yes, there is something odd about Corath hostility. Miners are non-hostile (makes sense), but citizens are (makes sense). Problem is, when some citizen attacks, miners also become hostile. And no one is scared of me, even children attack me.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Cylancer wrote:
Daemon wrote:
I'd really like the fix. I have few saves before that, but i choose that path. And yes, there is something odd about Corath hostility. Miners are non-hostile (makes sense), but citizens are (makes sense). Problem is, when some citizen attacks, miners also become hostile. And no one is scared of me, even children attack me.
Here's the fix - http://resurrection.cz/downloads/cpolice4.int - Copy it into Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata\scripts folder. End of the cut scene will be set after talking with the cop who stops you before the mine, so it won't repeat after that again.

When you fight any people of Corath, you'll eventually set all of them againts you. You're stranger fighting people in the streets, no one has time to check who started it.
I just checked, they have peasant and child AI as they should. It's up to them what they decide to do in combat.
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

Daemon wrote: Here's the fix - http://resurrection.cz/downloads/cpolice4.int - Copy it into Fallout 2\Resurrection\resdata\scripts folder. End of the cut scene will be set after talking with the cop who stops you before the mine, so it won't repeat after that again.

When you fight any people of Corath, you'll eventually set all of them againts you. You're stranger fighting people in the streets, no one has time to check who started it.
I just checked, they have peasant and child AI as they should. It's up to them what they decide to do in combat.
Fix works great. Games saved before fix were corrupted (kind of), but that doesn't matter. However, after repeating the fight several times and testing different things, i got some strange feeling that i missed something. Does that deputy work for someone except sheriff? And yes, tnx for help.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Cylancer wrote:Games saved before fix were corrupted (kind of)

What do you mean?
Cylancer wrote:i got some strange feeling that i missed something. Does that deputy work for someone except sheriff?
No, he doesn't.
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

Daemon wrote:
Cylancer wrote:Games saved before fix were corrupted (kind of)

What do you mean?
I overwrote those saves so i can't send it. But I'll try to describe it. On picture representing the save, PCs are in place where they were at time of saving, after loading they are at mine exit, with cut-scene. After the fix, game still transfer PCs to mine exit (without cut-scene), but this time picture also show that. So, the file isn't actually corrupted, it is just wrong save. New saves work just fine.

P.S. I was writing about saves saved after the fight. Saves saved before the fight are fine.
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

Daemon wrote:When you fight any people of Corath, you'll eventually set all of them againts you. You're stranger fighting people in the streets, no one has time to check who started it.
That sounds OK, but their behavior seems random. Usually I can walk by miners and talk to them, then again, sometimes they attack at sight. In one case miners fought Nestor's guards, and Mutt attacked miners. And in another case Nestor's guards ended combat after killing Kerry.

PS. perhaps those Corath issues should be transferred to own thread.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Cylancer wrote:PS. perhaps those Corath issues should be transferred to own thread.
No need. I'll look into it.
It's normal that combat ends when party member dies. Companion's corpse may cause serious problems. Ending combat it's needed for workaround that prevents it.
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

Daemon wrote:
Cylancer wrote:PS. perhaps those Corath issues should be transferred to own thread.
No need. I'll look into it.
It's normal that combat ends when party member dies. Companion's corpse may cause serious problems. Ending combat it's needed for workaround that prevents it.
Yes, i get it now. I saw earlier that combat ends and start when companion dies. This time other party member were not so close as Kerry, that's why combat didn't start again.
As for hostility. I managed to clear Iron district. All i needed to do is to avoid (sneak) children and non-miners. Exception is that cathouse, they remain friendly.
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

I don't see any obstacle. I tried to move around and and all places above me have blocked shoot.
2016-08-29_15-26-45.png
2016-08-29_15-26-45.png (168.33 KiB) Viewed 16835 times
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

Daemon wrote:When you fight any people of Corath, you'll eventually set all of them againts you. You're stranger fighting people in the streets, no one has time to check who started it.
I guess that AI is from F2, but really seems odd. Women and children attack on sight (and they see really far), men flee and miners are friendly. People see You if You try to sneak by, but don't see You if you standing next to them indoor and shoot someone. You can talk to policemen, as long as they don't see You.
Combat decisions of companions are also odd, Lystra decides that she'll use sledgehammer, no matter that enemy isn't near, and if Kerry is set to choose target, she sometimes decides that pacifism is a way to go.
Most annoying thing left from F2 is when PC decides to run instead of walk. Specially annoying if You need to sneak 3 hexes far.
Daemon
Resurrection team member

Post by Daemon »

Cylancer wrote:
I guess that AI is from F2, but really seems odd. Women and children attack on sight (and they see really far), men flee and miners are friendly. People see You if You try to sneak by, but don't see You if you standing next to them indoor and shoot someone. You can talk to policemen, as long as they don't see You.
Combat decisions of companions are also odd, Lystra decides that she'll use sledgehammer, no matter that enemy isn't near, and if Kerry is set to choose target, she sometimes decides that pacifism is a way to go.
Most annoying thing left from F2 is when PC decides to run instead of walk. Specially annoying if You need to sneak 3 hexes far.
There're different groups in Corath. When one group is hostile towards you, other one may not be, but will become hostile when you attack people from that other group. I'll check those dependencies, sounds like there's room for improvement. But otherwise, when they're hostile, it's really up to AI whether they attack or run away.

AFAIK, movement of your character depends on how you click: One click - walking; Double click or holding shift during click - running. Or vise versa if you have autorun enabled.
Cylancer
Accepted

Post by Cylancer »

Daemon wrote:There're different groups in Corath. When one group is hostile towards you, other one may not be, but will become hostile when you attack people from that other group. I'll check those dependencies, sounds like there's room for improvement. But otherwise, when they're hostile, it's really up to AI whether they attack or run away.

AFAIK, movement of your character depends on how you click: One click - walking; Double click or holding shift during click - running. Or vise versa if you have autorun enabled.
I understand that thing about AI, just saying it's odd.

I know how autorun works, but that's not the case here. I tried several time, it is impossible to accidentally double click with my mouse, maybe once, but not five times. I'll try to reproduce the case and send You the save.

OK, try this
2016-09-01_20-09-36.png
2016-09-01_20-09-36.png (244.69 KiB) Viewed 16820 times
https://yadi.sk/d/p3HF0c7wugdiS I press "1" to start sneak and click. I think that happened in F2 too.